Born: October 10, 1974
Alex Levin has a rich and varied musical background. Born into a family of musicians, he was drawn to the piano at an early age. He began performing on the instrument when he was fifteen, and he hasn’t stopped since.
After studying piano and composition at The New School Jazz Program in New York, he received his degree from Brown University. He moved to Berlin in 1998, where he founded his own trio and quartet. Both groups were popular and critical successes, and his name was found on the bill at many European jazz festivals. He appeared at such popular Berlin jazz clubs as A Train, B Flat, and Cafe Bebop...
- New York Portraits by Edward Blanco
- New York Portraits by C. Michael Bailey
- A Reason for Being Alone by Donald Elfman
- A Reason for Being Alone by Dan McClenaghan
- A Reason For Being Alone by Victor Verney
Willing to teachIntermediate to advanced students