Born: December 5, 1957
Andreas Willers has gained a reputation as an exceptional guitar player with an incredibly rich stylistic background reaching from blues and jazz to improvised and New Music. The impressive technical and tonal options at his disposal are carried by a great feeling for form and tremenuos emotional power. His debut release was a solo recording for the famous FMP label in the 1980's. He has worked with Paul Bley, Louis Sclavis, David Murray a.m.m. on stage and in the studio. He also works on different forms of improvised and composed music.
Studied guitar and improvisation with Joe Diorio (at GIT, Los Angeles), John Abercrombie and Dave Holland (at Bannf School of Fine Arts, Alberta, Canada) among others...
- Drowning Migrant by Glenn Astarita
- Tin Drum Stories - Inspired by the novel Die Blechtrommel' by Gunter Grass by Glenn Astarita
- ‚Willers really is a stupor mundi guitarist‘ Bad Alchemy
- '....combines contrasting techniques, worlds of tones and traditions into a singular, easy-to-identify sound.' the RoRoRo Jazz Lexicon
- 'The German guitar player A.W. is certainly one of the most interesting voices in Europe.‘ AAJ.it
- 'Just when you think that everything has been said a new album by Andreas Willers comes along, a daring tour de force, where all the downsides of the avantgarde - boredom, disorder, redundance - are brilliantely avoided.' five stars ***** / JAZZTHETIK
- 'EXPLOSIVE MIXTURE...