Jazz pianist and native New Yorker Andy Wasserman draws on an astonishingly diverse range of experience in the world of music since becoming a full-time professional musician in 1971. Throughout his career as a multi-instrumentalist, performer, composer, arranger, recording artist, producer and educator, Wasserman has had the privilege of being mentored by three of the finest musicians on the planet - Dwike Mitchell, George Russell and Papa Ladji Camara. In his youth he attended the High School of Music and Art (drums, orchestral percussion) and the Metropolitan Music School (piano and theory) in Manhattan and earned his Bachelor of Music in Jazz Studies (composition and theory) from New England Conservatory of Music in Boston....
Willing to teach:
Advanced students only.
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING PRIVATE STUDENTS ON ALL LEVELS:
BEGINNER, INTERMEDIATE AND ADVANCED LEVEL
* Bachelor of Music degree from New England Conservatory of Music, Boston
* Studied abroad at L'Academie des Musique in Sion, Switzerland
* Graduate studies in Music Therapy at New York University
* Intensive private study, mentoring with Dwike Mitchell, George Russell, Jeanette Giguere, Papa Ladji Camara
* Attended The High School of Music and Art and The Metropolitan Music School in Manhattan
* Private music teacher with 30 years experience; current roster of 30 – 50 students per week
* Visiting artist giving master classes at Universities, Colleges and Festivals throughout the United States
* Conducted master classes, workshops, teacher-training and assembly concerts as an arts-in-education curriculum specialist in over 2000 schools, servicing over one million students and teachers since 1979.
* Certified Instructor of George Russell's Lydian Chromatic Concept of Tonal Organization.
Clinics available in George Russell's LYDIAN CHROMATIC CONCEPT OF TONAL ORGANIZATION for composers, arrangers, improvisation and music theory students. I am authorized and certified to teach "The Concept" by George Russell.
I have created and conducted music clinics for dancers with a five-day seminar and book/CD entitled "MUSIC FOR DANCERS" which focuses on Jazz and Tap dance and can be applied to any dance style or format. This clinic has been offered at Dance Festivals around the U.S.