Born: June 4, 1945
To his list of achievements and awards, Anthony Braxton may now add the 1994 MacArthur Fellowship: the so-called genius grant of (in his case) $300,000, awarded to individuals nominated for outstanding and original contributions to their field.
The timing of this crowning achievement couldn't be better for Braxton's most recent professional goals: he is the founding Artistic Director of the newly incorporated Tri-Centric Foundation, Inc., a New York-based not-for-profit corporation including an ensemble of some 38 musicians, four to eight vocalists, and computer-graphic video artists assembled to perform his compositions....
- Sax Quintet (New York) 1998 by John Sharpe
- Eight (+1) Tristano Compositions 1989 For Warne Marsh by Troy Collins
On and Off the Grid
- Trio and Quintet (Town Hall) 1972 by Raul d'Gama Rose
- Trio & Quintet (Town Hall) 1972 by Troy Collins
- Trio & Quintet (Town Hall) 1972 by Mark Corroto