Born: June 4, 1945
To his list of achievements and awards, Anthony Braxton may now add the 1994 MacArthur Fellowship: the so-called genius grant of (in his case) $300,000, awarded to individuals nominated for outstanding and original contributions to their field.
The timing of this crowning achievement couldn't be better for Braxton's most recent professional goals: he is the founding Artistic Director of the newly incorporated Tri-Centric Foundation, Inc., a New York-based not-for-profit corporation including an ensemble of some 38 musicians, four to eight vocalists, and computer-graphic video artists assembled to perform his compositions....
- (Santa Cruz) 1991 1st Set by Mark Corroto
- Trio (New Haven) 2013 by Giuseppe Segala
- Trio and Duet by Troy Collins
- Sax Quintet (New York) 1998 by John Sharpe
- Eight (+1) Tristano Compositions 1989 For Warne Marsh by Troy Collins