Once in a while a musician comes along with impeccable technique, deep understanding of the jazz repertoire, an innate tendency to swing and the rare ability to communicate the heart and soul of a tune to listeners. That musician is Beegie Adair.
About her music Adair says, “Falling in love with jazz is like falling in love with a person, except with jazz you never get over it.” About Beegie (say B-G) Adair, what do others say?
Jazz great Helen Merrill salutes her “inventive jazz sense, her wonderful sense of time and improvised melody.”
Christopher Louden of Jazz Times magazine says Adair is “an accomplished artist with a delicate touch.”...
- Monica Ramey and the Beegie Adair Trio by C. Michael Bailey
- An Affair To Remember: Romantic Movie Songs Of The 1950's by Michael P. Gladstone
- An Affair to Remember by Jim Santella
- I'll Take Romance by Jack Bowers
- Centennial Composers Collection by C. Michael Bailey
- I'll Take Romance by Jim Santella
- Dream Dancing - Songs of Cole Porter by Dave Nathan