With long, blues-drenched melodic lines, and a fat, warm, horn-like sound, guitarist and composer Bob DeVos has his own signature style. Critics universally cite Mr. DeVos' full, liquid tone and soulful, intelligent interpretations and superb, modern compositional skiils. Hailed as the thinking man's guitar hero and a brilliant, knowing bebop player, Bob's CDs as a leader for Savant/HighNote and Blues Leaf Records have earned high praise and many stars in Downbeat and throughout the jazz media. His 2006 CD Shifting Sands on Savant was 28 weeks in the top twenty on JazzWeek.com's National Airplay Chart and on many top ten jazz CDs of 2006 and a WBGOFM Jazz Radio Play of the Month. Playing For Keeps on Savant was released in late October 2007 and is currently # 9 on JazzWeek.com's chart of national airplay....
- Bob DeVos and Don Friedman: Nyack, NY, June 29, 2012
- Bob DeVos at The Turning Point Cafe, Piermont, NY
- Playing for Keeps by Jack Bowers
- Playing For Keeps by Laurel Gross
- Shifting Sands by Elliott Simon
- DeVos by J. Robert Bragonier
Radiating keen intelligence and impeccable taste, DeVos’ playing extends beyond the parameters of the soul-jazz genre...