Born: December 19, 1958
Bob Lark is a trumpet and flugelhorn player whose performances are especially notable for his lyrical style and fine tone. His harmonically oriented improvisations shift between aggressive and cool playng. In speaking of Lark, jazz icon Clark Terry says, He's a very good trumpet player, a very good musician. He's paid his dues.
Recently released on the Jazzed Media label is the CD recording Reunion, by Bob Lark and his Alumni Big Band. The Bob Lark/Phil Woods Quintet, which includes prominent jazz artists Jim McNeely, Steve Gilmore and Bill Goodwin, has released three CD's on the Jazzed Media label....
- Sweet Return by Jack Bowers
- Sweet Return by Edward Blanco
- Reunion by Edward Blanco
- Cathy's Song by Jack Bowers
- Live at the Jazz Showcase by Jack Bowers
- Live at the Jazz Showcase by Edward Blanco
- Suggestions by Jack Bowers
Willing to teachAdvanced students only.
Credentials/BackgroundProfessor; Director of Jazz Studies at DePaul University, Chicago