Born: January 27, 1953
Arranger and saxophonist Bob Mintzer has made his mark merging a traditional jazz approach with an all encompassing modernism that embraces lyricism, a strong sense of swing, and arrangements that take the listener on an unpredictable and vibrant journey. Besides leading his own New York-based big band since the early 1980s, Bob leads a jazz quartet, is a 15 year member of the Yellowjackets, and is active in music education. In addition to his busy schedule playing and teaching others, Bob still manages to find time to write saxophone quartets, symphony music, big band arrangements, music for the 'Jackets, and etude books....
- For The Moment by Dan Bilawsky
- Canyon Cove by John Kelman
- Swing Out by Woodrow Wilkins
- In The Moment by Christopher Shoe
- In the Moment by Jim Santella
- In the Moment by John Kelman