True to the theme of her new album, Carol Welsman’s travels these past few years have taken her everywhere from a performance in Marian McPartland’s “Friends” evening at Dizzy’s in New York to appearances such as “one of Oscar Peterson’s favorite singers” in the first of a six concert series paying tribute to the legendary pianist in Toronto. In 2011, the singer performed 18 concerts in Japan to a total of over 30,000 fans, mostly at venues holding over 2,000 people. Her gold selling Japanese only release Memories of You featured clarinetist Ken Peplowski and was voted the #1 album of 2009 by Jazz Critics Magazine. ...
Carol WelsmanJustin Time
The Language Of LoveSavoy Jazz
The Language Of LoveJustin Time
Hold MeJustin Time
This information is provided by discogs.com or the profile administrator.
With Carol Welsman's wealth of experience as a performer, arranger, songwriter, publisher and record label owner, the master class focus can be on any one or several of the following topics:
- vocal technique
- approach to jazz and pop song interpretation
- vocal improvisation / foundation to scatting
- arranging and re-harmonization
- accompanying vocalists and instrumentalists
- song writing - both music and lyrics
- music business marketing strategies
Class participation is key:
- Question & Answer sessions
- Group Improvisation around the piano
- Working with a small student ensemble, and offering creative suggestions to enhance the music
Personal Message from Carol Welsman:
I have always enjoyed teaching, especially in the form of master classes. My passion for music is something I love to share with students, both at home and while touring abroad. As a vocalist and pianist, I offer valuable knowledge for both vocalists and instrumentalists.
Special rates are available if booking is in conjunction with a jazz festival or concert date.
To book a master class please contact my management office at the following email address:
firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 818-752-6822.