Born: November 8, 1927 | Died: August 29, 2009
Chris Connor has won every conceivable critical and popular accolade in her half century reign as one of the most gifted and distinctive vocalists in jazz history. Born in 1927 in Kansas City, Missouri, Connor studied clarinet, but her career direction was clear at an early age. “I always knew I wanted to be a singer,” she said, “I never wanted to be anything else.” After completing her schooling, she took a secretarial job while commuting on weekends to the University of Missouri to perform with a Stan Kenton-influenced college jazz band. An admirer of Kenton singers Anita O’Day and June Christy, Connor recalls, “I had my sights set on singing with Kenton.”...
Chris Connor Sings Gentle Bossa NovaJust A Memory
All About ChrisFiveFour
I Walk With Music
All About Ronnie
This Is Chris
Chris Connor Sings Lullabys Of Birdland
This information is provided by discogs.com or the profile administrator.
- Chris Connor Sings Gentle Bossa Nova by David Rickert
- All About Chris by David Rickert
- Haunted Heart by Mathew Bahl
- Warm Cool: The Atlantic Years by C. Andrew Hovan
- Warm Cool: The Atlantic Years by AAJ Staff
- Warm Cool: The Atlantic Years by John Sharpe
- Warm Cool: The Atlantic Years by Jim Santella