Dr. Cynthia J. Felton serves as Artistic Director of The Ethnomusicology Library of American Heritage, a library of encyclopedias that traces contributions of music created in America.
Cynthia is active as a performer and an educator. Her background prepared her well for both career areas. She has a Bachelor of Music degree from Berklee College of Music, a Master of Arts degree from New York University in Jazz Performance, and a Doctorate in Jazz Studies from the University of Southern California.
Her singing style embodies jazz, rhythm & blues, and gospel music -- a perfect fit for the broad stylistic range of compositions she chose for her debut recording. image_page3...
- Cynthia Felton Sings The Nancy Wilson Classics: Save Your Love For Me by Dan Bilawsky
- Freedom Jazz Dance by C. Michael Bailey
- Freedom Jazz Dance by Dan Bilawsky
- Come Sunday: The Music Of Duke Ellington by Dan Bilawsky
- Come Sunday: The Music of Duke Ellington by C. Michael Bailey
- Afro Blue: The Music of Oscar Brown, Jr. by C. Michael Bailey
Cynthia produced and arranged all of the music on this CD, and created settings which not only provide a showcase for her own prodigious talents but also those of the outstanding musicians with which she chose to surround herself...