The leading pioneer of the bassoon with his many critically acclaimed award-winning recordings and live performances. As the most recorded bassoon soloist in the world, his repertoire spans music ranging from Baroque concerti to contemporary music including jazz, ragtime and crossover. He is the only bassoonist performing and recording in both the jazz and classical fields. Daniel Smith's unique career has been profiled in Gramophone, the New York Times, Fanfare, Classical Music, Musical Heritage Review, American Record Guide, Classic CD and many leading European publications including The Times in England. In the USA, his career was highlighted on PBS's All Things Considered'. In the UK, one of his recordings was the 'signature tune' for BBC radio 3 while BBC radio 4 recently showcased his career....
- Bassoon Goes Latin Jazz! by Nicholas F. Mondello
- Bassoon Goes Latin Jazz! by Dan Bilawsky
- Blue Bassoon by Dan Bilawsky
- The Swingin' Bassoon by Jerry D'Souza
- Bebop Bassoon by Dan McClenaghan
- Bebop Bassoon by Jim Santella