Born: September 22, 1956
Only a select few artists have the ability to convey their message to the back row, to galvanize an audience with a visceral power that connects on a universal level. David Krakauer is such an artist. Widely considered one of the greatest clarinetists on the planet, he has been praised internationally as a key innovator in modern klezmer as well as a major voice in classical music.
Known simply as “Krakauer” to his fervent following, he is nothing less than an American original who has embarked on a tremendous journey transforming the music of his Eastern European Jewish heritage into something uniquely contemporary. That journey has lead Krakauer to an astounding diversity of projects and collaborations ranging from solo appearances with orchestras to major festival concerts with his own improvisation based bands....
- The Big Picture Featuring David Krakauer by Glenn Astarita
- Bubbemeises: Lies My Gramma Told Me by Kurt Gottschalk
- Bubbemeises: Lies My Gramma Told Me by Matt Cibula
- Music from the Winery by Elliott Simon
- Krakauer Live In Krakow by Mark Corroto
- Live in Krakow by Dan McClenaghan