Born: April 21, 1970
Born in 1970, Didier Verna gets quickly involved in music, since he enters conservatory at the age of 5 and studies music theory for 2 years. At the age of 7, he starts learning classical percussions while continuing his theoretical studies; an opportunity for him to discover group playing and enjoy his first on-stage experiences. From this first instrumental contact with music, he will keep a sense and love for rhythm that can be heard very clearly in his playing, whether in composition or in improvisation.
At the age of 9, bored with playing without interruption the « Bolero de Ravel » on a plastic pad in order not to upset the neighborhood, he decides to try classical piano, which he will be practising for 2 years. Despite the desperate efforts of his teacher to interest him in the exclusive and daily practise of the major scale in all possible keys, he decides to change instrument, and tries classical guitar at the age of 11....
* Some beautiful Jazz guitar. — Antoine Hervé
* Nice sounds, great playing ! — Greg Lyons
* I think that this is great quality jazz music. — Yves Carbonne
* Nice example of autoproduction. [...] Supported notably by Gilles Naturel's double bass, Didier Verna plays indeed straight ahead Jazz clearly influenced by Pat Metheny from whom he has the roundness of sound and the limpidity of phrases. — Citizen Jazz
* [...] Only a part time musician (Verna's other gig is as a computer researcher) this CD definitely has a full time sound...