Born: October 23, 1945
Two-time Grammy Award winner Ernie Watts is one of the most versatile and prolific saxophone players on the music scene. In a diverse career that has spanned more than thirty years, he has been featured on more than 500 recordings by artists ranging from Cannonball Adderley to Frank Zappa, always exhibiting his unforgettable trademark sound.
After 18 solo records for a variety of labels, large and small, Watts started Flying Dolphin Records, a company he runs with his wife Patricia. Flying Dolphin (distributed by Burnside Distribution Corp.) begins a new chapter for the artist’s creative expression. “I’ve been touring and recording for over 30 years in every kind of musical setting. I’ve reached a place in my life and career where I need to make music on my terms. Starting my own label provided me with a new sense of freedom.”...
- A Simple Truth by Angelo Leonardi
- A Simple Truth by Edward Blanco
- A Simple Truth by Ian Patterson
- Oasis by Ian Patterson
- Ernie Watts: Bangkok, Thailand, June 18, 2011
- Ernie Watts, Jeremy Monteiro & Organamix: Chamber at the Arts House, Singapore
- To The Point - Live at the Jazz Bakery by Andrew Velez