Pianist, composer Frank Carlberg is a native of Helsinki, Finland. Following some years of classical studies, he became interested in jazz after listening to his father’s recordings of Louis Armstrong, Duke Ellington and Oscar Peterson. Initially, Carlberg tried to imitate the players of the records and then took some lessons from local jazz musicians. In 1984 Carlberg decided to enroll at Berklee College of Music in Boston. While at Berklee he played with fellow students such as Jim Black, Chris Cheek, Antonio Hart, Sam Newsome, Chris Speed, Ben Street, as well as faculty members Robert Freedman, George Garzone, Hal Crook, Herb Pomeroy and John LaPorta. During the summers, in between the academic years at Berklee, Carlberg toured in Europe extensively with various groups....
- Uncivilized Ruminations by Eyal Hareuveni
- Tivoli Trio by Mark Corroto
- The American Dream by Eyal Hareuveni
- In the Land of Art by Elliott Simon
- Variations On A Summer Day by Mark Corroto
- Variations On A Summer Day by Glenn Astarita