Born: February 18, 1977
Gordon Grdina is a Vancouver based Oud/Guitarist whose sound is a combination of his interests in mainstream jazz, free-form improvisation and Arabic classical music. A protégé of jazz great Gary Peacock, he is a well-respected contributor to the jazz and world music scenes constantly being sought out for projects that need a fresh sound.
On Guitar Gordon leads the Vancouver groove trio Loose Acoustic www.looseacoustic.com which has recorded two critically acclaimed CD’s with Skrank Records. They are currently managed by Turner Music and Events and are mixing their next Cd release with Maximum Jazz. In 2003 the Grdina Trio was released on Plunge records www.plungerecords.com a chamber/free-jazz group that has since developed into Box Cutter a genre bending modern Jazz quartet featuring Francois Houle. Spool is releasing their debut cd unlearn in October 2006...
- No Difference by Dan Bilawsky
- Her Eyes Illuminate by Dan Bilawsky
- . . . If Accident Will by Jerry D'Souza
- The Breathing of Statues by Matt Marshall
- Unlearn by Celeste Sunderland
- Think Like the Waves by Jeff Dayton-Johnson