Born: April 18, 1938
With over 90 recordings to his credit, 30 as a leader in his own right, pianist, composer, publisher, educator, author and touring artist, Hal Galper is best known for his work with Chet Baker, Connonball Adderley, John Scofield and the Phil Woods Quintet. His recordings as a leader with Mike and Randy Brecker are considered among the best.
Graduating from the Berklee College of Music at the height of the be-bop era, his reputation grew steadily in the changing environment of jazz. He anchored such bands as The Slide Hampton Quartet, The Lee Konitz Duo, The Stan Getz Quartet and many others. His biography is listed in the National Encyclopedia of Jazz and he has 100 original compositions recorded and published....
- O's Time by Dan McClenaghan
- Airegin Revisited by Dan McClenaghan
- Trip the Light Fantastic by Dan McClenaghan
- E Pluribus Unum by Dan McClenaghan
- Now Hear This by Ken Dryden
- Furious Rubato by Ken Dryden