Born: August 6, 1957
Hendrik Meurkens, a virtuoso on both the chromatic harmonica and the vibraphone, is the most important jazz harmonica player since Toots Thielemans. German-born but now based in New York, Meurkens' recordings and performances garner worldwide acclaim because the transcendent beauty of his music has universal appeal.
A two-mallet player in the tradition of Milt Jackson and Bobby Hutcherson, Hendrik Meurkens was en-route to being an instantly recognizable vibraphonist when he heard Toots Thielemans. Inspired by the sound of Thielemans' harmonica, he taught himself the difficult-to-master instrument....
- Samba Little Samba by Edward Blanco
- Samba Little Samba by Dan Bilawsky
- Junity by Dan Bilawsky
- Live at Bird's Eye by Chris M. Slawecki
- Live At Bird's Eye by Dan Bilawsky
- Live at Bird's Eye by Edward Blanco