Born: October 26, 1934
Jacques Loussier was born in Angers, in northwestern France, October 26, 1934. He started playing piano at the age of ten and quickly demonstrated tremendous ability. When Loussier was just sixteen, he entered the Conservatoire Nationale de Musique in Paris where he studied with Professor Yves Nat whose youthful compositions were praised by Faure and Saint-Saëns, and whose prodigious gifts as a pianist were encouraged by Debussy. Continuing this distinguished lineage, Loussier was to become one of Nat’s most accomplished pupils, heading the conservatory’s piano class of over five hundred students before leaving to commence a freelance career that included travels to South America and the Middle East as well as work as accompanist for Catherine Sauvage and Charles Aznavour....
- Bach: The Brandenburgs by Jim Santella
- Allegretto From Symphony No. 7: Themes And Variations by Mark Sabbatini
- Handel by C. Michael Bailey
- Bach's Goldberg Variations by AAJ Staff
- The Four Seasons by Douglas Payne