Jane Ira Bloom has been developing her unique voice on the soprano sax for over 30 years. A pioneer in the use of live electronics and movement in jazz, she is a six-time winner of the Jazz Journalists Award for Soprano Saxophone, winner of the Downbeat International Critics Poll for soprano sax, and a recipient of the prestigious Guggenheim fellowship. Her continued commitment to new music has led to collaborations with Charlie Haden, Ed Blackwell, Kenny Wheeler, Rufus Reid, Matt Wilson, Bob Brookmeyer, Julian Priester, Mark Dresser, Bobby Previte, Billy Hart, Mark Helias, Min Xiao-Fen and Fred Hersch among others...
- 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2006, 2003, 2001 - Jazz Journalists Association Award for Soprano Saxophone of the Year
- 2014 - Grammy Nominee for Best Surround Sound Album (Sixteen Sunsets)
- 2007 - Guggenheim Fellowship
- 2007 - Mary Lou Williams Women In Jazz Award
- 2006 - Doris Duke/ Chamber Music America New Works: Creation and Presentation Program
Like Silver, Like SongArtistShare
Like Silver, Like SongArtist Share
This information is provided by discogs.com or the profile administrator.
- Sixteen Sunsets by Alberto Bazzurro
- Sixteen Sunsets by Hrayr Attarian
- Sixteen Sunsets by Dan McClenaghan
- Wingwalker by Raul d'Gama Rose
- Wingwalker by Greg Simmons
- Wingwalker by Wilbert Sostre