Born: January 17, 1953
Jeff Berlin is a legend of the electric bass. Simply put, he is considered by many to be the finest electric bass player in the world. Surprisingly, he is a pioneer of slap bass when he brought this new percussive-style bass playing in 1979 to the second Bill Bruford album, One of a Kind, on the tune called 5G. Jeff also pioneered two handed tapping when he performed this style on Motherlode from his 1985 release of his first solo album called Champion. When these styles began to catch on with other bass players, Jeff stopped playing these styles....
- Low Standards by Glenn Astarita
In the Artist's Own Words
- Aneurythms by John Kelman
- Lumpy Jazz by Woodrow Wilkins
- Lumpy Jazz by John Kelman
- In Harmony's Way by Glenn Astarita