New York City saxophonist Jeff Hackworth keeps alive the soulful tenor tradition of such historic greats as Gene Ammons, David “Fathead” Newman, Stanley Turrentine and the still active Houston Person. But rather than just duplicate the past, Hackworth invigorates the music with his own personal sound and modern ideas.
Scott Yanow, author of ten books including The Jazz Singers, Trumpet Kings, Jazz On Film and Jazz On Record 1917-76
New York City abounds with working musicians trying to make their mark in jazz circles. Whether as a fan or music professional, discovering these musicians is a delight, especially when the musician has arrived and developed a true voice in the jazz tradition....
- Soul To Go! by Edward Blanco
- Night Owl by Jerry D'Souza
- Night Owl by Edward Blanco
- Night Owl by Greg Simmons
- Where the Blue Begins by Jerry D'Souza
- How Little We Know by Jerry D'Souza
- How Little We Know by J Hunter