Jeff Richman's extensive professional background includes performing on guitar, composing, arranging and recording music in many genres, and teaching in academic and private settings. He has produced 16 solo albums and toured worldwide with notable musicians over a 35-year career.
Jeff is a graduate of the Berklee College of Music in Boston. As a student, he studied privately with Pat Metheny, Mick Goodrick and William Levitt and was influenced by talented classmates Mike Stern, Bill Frissel, Al DiMeola and Vinnie Colaiuta to name a few. After graduating, he lived and performed in New York City where he was further influenced by attending live performances of renowned legends Miles Davis, Herbie Hancock, Chick Corea, Charlie Mingus, Ornette Coleman, Elvin Jones, Tony Williams, Charlie Haden, Joe Zawinul, Wayne Shorter, Jaco Pastorius, Bill Evans, Dizzy Gillespie, Keith Jarret, Gil Evans, Chet Baker, McCoy Tyner, Joe Pass, Cannonball Adderley and Jim Hall. These early influences inspired Jeff and helped him to develop his own voice while striving to make his original compositions meaningful, purposeful, and with an honesty that comes from his heart....
- Fusion for Miles, A Guitar Tribute: A Bitchin' Brew by John Kelman
- Visions of an Inner Mounting Apocalypse: A Fusion Guitar Tribute by John Kelman
- A Guitar Supreme: Giant Steps In Fusion Guitar by Jim Santella
- Live at the Baked Potato, Volume 2 by Todd S. Jenkins
- Live At The Baked Potato Volume 2 by Glenn Astarita
- Live at the Baked Potato, Volume 1 by Todd S. Jenkins