His own group, AlasNoAxis, includes Hilmar Jensson on electric guitar, Chris Speed on tenor saxophone and clarinet, and Skúli Sverrisson on electric bass. The music is in some ways closer to post-rock than jazz, concentrating on rhythmic shifts and ensemble texture rather than featured solos. Since 2000, the group has released several records on Winter & Winter.
The group Pachora, also including Black, Speed, and Sverrisson, and with Brad Shepik on tambura and electric saz, plays music that is similarly rhythmically diverse, but inspired by Balkan rhythms.
- Houseplant by Glenn Astarita
- Dogs of Great Indifference by C. Michael Bailey
- Dogs of Great Indifference by Sean Patrick Fitzell
- Dogs Of Great Indifference by Chris May
- Dogs of Great Indifference by Troy Collins