The John Burnett Orchestra specializes in '40s-style big band swing - keeping alive the sounds of Glenn Miller, Tommy Dorsey, Benny Goodman, Count Basie and others. Each musician is highly professional and most have played with many of the top American big bands such as the Miller, Herman and Buddy Rich Bands. In addition to swing music the orchestra performs current big band jazz charts and many vocal ballads such as those of Frank Sinatra, Joe Williams, Ella Fitzgerald and Sarah Vaughn.
The orchestra is directed by John Burnett; morning host of 90.9fm WDCB - Public Radio From College of DuPage - Chicago's leading jazz radio station. John hails from England and attended the Royal Academy of Music. The orchestra consists of five saxes, four trumpets, four trombones, piano, bass, drums and at least one vocalist. It is rapidly establishing the reputation of being one of the best bands in Chicago; grabbing the attention of both old and young alike....
- Down For Double by Nic Jones
- Down For Double by Jerry D'Souza
- West of State Street/East of Harlem by Ken Dryden
- West Of State Street / East Of Harlem by Nic Jones
- West of State Street/East of Harlem by Jerry D'Souza
- Swingin' in the Windy City by Jack Bowers
- Swingin' in the Windy City by Dave Nathan