Born: April 23, 1958
Kendra Shank's crystal-pure tone, powerful musicianship and elastic phrasing have won her rave critical notices and fans worldwide. Hailed by critics as one of the most innovative of present-day jazz vocalists (Drew Wheeler, CDNow) and one of the top jazz singers around today (Scott Yanow, L.A. Jazz Scene), she has headlined on the club and festival circuits internationally, captivating audiences with her genuine warmth, emotional depth and musical prowess.
Originally a folk/pop singer/guitarist in Seattle, Kendra Shank comes to performance naturally. Born in California to a playwright father and actress mother, Kendra was acting in plays at age 5, picked up the guitar at 13 and at 19 began her professional music career. Jazz, however, came later. During a residency in Paris, the influence of jazz artists grew, especially Billie Holiday....
- Kendra Shank and the Geoffrey Keezer Trio Live at the Douglas Beach House at...
- Kendra Shank Quartet Live At The Saville Theater
- Mosaic by Donald Elfman
- Mosaic by J Hunter
- A Spirit Free: Abbey Lincoln Songbook by Joel Roberts
- Reflections by Jerry D'Souza
- Reflections by Mathew Bahl