Born: January 26
Ken Field is a saxophonist, flautist, percussionist, and composer. Since 1988 he has been a member of the internationally acclaimed electrified modern music ensemble Birdsongs of the Mesozoic, with whom he has recorded eight CDs.
Field leads the Revolutionary Snake Ensemble, a experimental and improvisational brass band. Year of the Snake, the group's 2003 debut, was included on best- of-year lists from WNYC Radio (New York), the Gambit Weekly (New Orleans), and Radio Popolare (Milan, Italy). 2008's Forked Tongue spent 2 months on the CMJ North American jazz top 20 chart. The New Yorker selected the Forked Tongue NYC CD release performance as its nightlife pick of the week. The group has performed at the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, the Brooklyn Academy of Music, the Museum of Fine Arts (Boston), the Puffin Cultural Forum, Berklee Performance Center, and numerous other venues, and has been nominated for two Boston Music Awards and several Boston Phoenix/WFNX Best Music Poll awards....
- Nominated for Boston Music Award (RSE). 2004, 2005.
- Nominated for Best Music Poll award (RSE). 2003, 2004, 2005.
- Utah State Historical Society Antiquities Award for work on Nine Mile Canyon film. 2001.
- Named to short list (with Karen Aqua) for Artists & Communities: America Creates for the Millennium. 1999.
- Named semifinalist in Musician Magazine's "Best Unsigned" competition. 1997.
- Named one of "Boston's Top 10 Unsigned Acts": The Tab, Boston, MA. 1996.
- Nominated "Best Other Instrument" in Boston: The Noise, Boston, MA. 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998..
- Third Prize, Soundtrack Category (for "Nine Lives"): ASIFA-East Animation Awards, NYC. 1988.
- Voted #3 Horn Player in Boston: The Beat, Boston, MA. 1986.
- Listed in Who's Who in the East. 1986-.
Under the SkinInnova Recordings
Tokyo In FSublingual Records
Pictures of MotionDreamusic
This information is provided by discogs.com or the profile administrator.
- Under the Skin by Samuel Chell
- Tokyo in F by Glenn Astarita
- Tokyo In F by AAJ Staff
- Pictures Of Motion by AAJ Staff
- Pictures Of Motion by Mark Corroto