Pianist-composer Kris Davis has blossomed as one of the singular talents on the New York jazz scene, a deeply thoughtful, resolutely individual artist who offers “uncommon creative adventure,” according to JazzTimes. The Vancouver-born, Brooklyn-residing Davis was dubbed one of the music’s top up-and-comers in a 2012 New York Times article titled “New Pilots at the Keyboard,” with the newspaper saying: “Over the past couple years in New York, one method for deciding where to hear jazz on a given night has been to track down the pianist Kris Davis.” Reviewing one of the series of striking albums Davis has released over the past half-decade, the Chicago Sun-Times lauded the “sense of kaleidoscopic possibilities” in her playing and compositions....
- Save Your Breath by Vincenzo Roggero
- Massive Threads by Mark Corroto
- Capricorn Climber by Glenn Astarita
- Good Citizen by Mark F. Turner
- Paradoxical Frog by Chris May
- Rye Eclipse by Troy Collins