Marc Rossi’s ambitious genre-transcending career and inclusive compositions led Down Beat magazine to call him one of the dynamic few whose musical and cultural awareness travels exponentially in many different directions. A versatile contemporary classical composer, jazz composer and pianist, and educator, Rossi has been a vital part of the rich Boston music scene since the early 1980’s. He is a 20-year veteran of the jazz and contemporary classical worlds, a longtime student of both Hindustani and Carnatic Indian music and full-time Associate Professor of Piano and Jazz Composition at Boston’s Berklee College of Music....
- Nominee for St. Botoph Club Composer Award (2001)
- Honorable Mention in Jazz Composer’s Alliance Composition Contest (1995)
- Meet the Composer and Mass Arts Lottery Grant (1992)
- Margaret Jory Fairbank Copy Assistance Grant from the American Music Center (1992, 98)
- NAN Award to fund New England Conservatory Faculty Recital (1988)
- Boston Beneficient Society Award (1979-80)
- New England Conservatory Scholarship (1977-80)
Mantra RevealedInnova Recordings
Hidden MandalaGravity Records
Living GeometryGravity Records
This information is provided by discogs.com or the profile administrator.