Born: May 19, 1964
For over two decades the Brooklyn based saxophonist/composer/arranger Michael Blake has presented an array of innovative bands and compositions that display a keen ability to simultaneously embrace jazz history while challenging it head on.
His relentless output of late has lead to a number of impressive releases. Last year he released his second self-produced recording with Blake Tartare titled More Like Us (Stunt Records). This incredible band is driven by three of Denmark’s most prominent young jazz musicians: Soren Kjaergaard, Jonas Westergaard and Kresten Osgood. On this outing the brilliant singer/songwriter Maria Laurette �Friis joins the troupe. Last year his Blake Tartare CD (Stunt Records) earned the group a 4 star review in Downbeat Magazine. On Right Before Your Very Ears (Clean Feed) he plays mostly free form trio music with long time cohort’s Ben Allison and Jeff Ballard....
- Tiddy Boom by Maurizio Comandini
- Tiddy Boom by Glenn Astarita
- In the Grand Scheme of Things by Mark F. Turner
- Control This by Troy Collins
- Amor de Cosmos by Sean Patrick Fitzell
- Amor de Cosmos by Jerry D'Souza
- Amor De Cosmos by Troy Collins