Primary Instrument: Harmonica
Julian Jackson was brought up in a musical family in Liverpool, so Julian's choice of a career in music was no surprise. Whilst studying at Music College in Liverpool, Julian reigned for 3 years as the Hohner British Harmonica Champion. Julian moved to London to become the only Harmonica player to ever study at both The Guildhall School Of Music & The Royal Academy of Music. His unique style & ability at both jazz & classical Harmonica has won him the recognition of many musicians & composers including jazz pianist Julian Josephs, and Jazz legend Toots Thielemans. Julian played in the touring quintet of Julian Josephs who commented his playing has great soul and great melodic content and logic. His influences include Charlie Parker, Miles Davis, John Coltrane Larry Adler & Toots Thielemans. Julian has been fortunate to study with Toots”, who gave Julian one of his personalised Harmonicas. The only other person to have received one of these is Quincy Jones.
Julian is active in the session scene for, film, television, radio & other artists CDs...
- Anthony Hopkins produced film August
- Disney's Funny Bones starring Jerry Lewis
- Carlton Televisions Productions of Anna Lee and Frontiers
- BBC's Tears Before Bedtime , The Missing Postman, Wokewell; and Drovers Gold
- Featured soloist on the Oscar winning soundtrack for the 'The Full Monty'
- Colin Firth film ‘Hope Springs’
- TV ads for the beer Stella Artois, for which he plays an excerpt of Verdi’s ‘Force of Destiny’
- Tracks for SONY’s Meja Beckmans album
- Featured on Claire Martin’s 2004 album
- Soundtrack for film ‘Win Dixie’
- BBB Strictly Dance Fever TV Show
United Kingdom, Kent
Willing to teach:
Advanced students only.