Primary Instrument: Vocalist
True to the theme of her new album, Carol Welsman’s travels these past few years have taken her everywhere from a performance in Marian McPartland’s “Friends” evening at Dizzy’s in New York to appearances such as “one of Oscar Peterson’s favorite singers” in the first of a six concert series paying tribute to the legendary pianist in Toronto. In 2011, the singer performed 18 concerts in Japan to a total of over 30,000 fans, mostly at venues holding over 2,000 people. Her gold selling Japanese only release Memories of You featured clarinetist Ken Peplowski and was voted the #1 album of 2009 by Jazz Critics Magazine. ...
With Carol Welsman's wealth of experience as a performer, arranger, songwriter, publisher and record label owner, the master class focus can be on any one or several of the following topics:
- vocal technique
- approach to jazz and pop song interpretation
- vocal improvisation / foundation to scatting
- arranging and re-harmonization
- accompanying vocalists and instrumentalists
- song writing - both music and lyrics
- music business marketing strategies
Class participation is key:
- Question & Answer sessions
- Group Improvisation around the piano
- Working with a small student ensemble, and offering creative suggestions to enhance the music
Personal Message from Carol Welsman:
I have always enjoyed teaching, especially in the form of master classes. My passion for music is something I love to share with students, both at home and while touring abroad. As a vocalist and pianist, I offer valuable knowledge for both vocalists and instrumentalists.
Special rates are available if booking is in conjunction with a jazz festival or concert date.
To book a master class please contact my management office at the following email address:
firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 818-752-6822.