Born: June 17, 1940 Primary Instrument: Drums
1958: Attended St. Louis Institute of Music--St. Louis, MO
1960: Graduate of U. S. Naval School of Music--Washington D.C.
1983: Attended McKendree College. Major: Computer Science, Christian Education; Lebanon, IL
1993: Attended Portland Community College
Early days in ST Louis, MO
* Performed in St. Louis area society bands playing for weddings, religious functions, and special interest groups.
* Also backed up acts such as Rosemary Clooney and Frankie Lane.
* Performed with St. Louis Jazz Quartet touring the U.S. for two years entertaining University and College students as part of the Young Audience Concerts venue.
* Toured with the Glenn Miller Orchestra: 1962
* Staff musician for local St. Louis T.V. talk shows
* Toured for nine years with the Rumors Band performing in many night-clubs across the nation.
* Staff musician for the Grand Ole Opry--Nashville, TN
* Staff musician for Opryland USA for two years--Nashville, TN
* Member of the Nashville Cats Band (comprised of some of Nashville’s leading studio musicians)
* Drummer for Christy Lane, Charly McLaine
* Staff drummer for Steel Guitar International Organization (backed up Buddy Emmons, Paul Franlin Jr., Doug Jernigan, Herby Wallace, and others)
* Professional mentor to Dave Weckl (at age 14), Irlene Mandrell (sister to Barbara Mandrell), Eddie Rabbit’s drummer, Tammy Wynette’s drummer, and others.
* Clinician for Pearl Drum Company
* Performed in first Pearl clinic with Larrie London in Nashville, TN
Portland, OR - Present
* Performed with Paul deLay Band, Robbie Laws Band, Kinzel & Hyde Band, Arthur (Fresh Air) Moore, Nicole Fournier & Her 3lb Universe Band, and other local groups.
* Christian Music: Member of Vancouver, WA’s New Heights Church Worship team under the direction of Mike Dishner. Involved in other ministries as well.
* Professional teacher for over twenty five years.
Lake Ozark, MO
Willing to teach:
Advanced students only.
Available to provide lessons six days a week (not Sunday) between the hours of 10:00 A.M. and 3:00 P.M. My rate for a one hour lesson ( I don't do half hour lessons unless the student is age 10 or younger) is $40.00. For youngsters age 10 or younger, I will adjust the rate to $25.00.
I'm also available for Drum Clinics ( Type of material covered depends on the purpose of the clinic, and if I am one of many performing, and instructing, or performing as sole clinician). For example, I can provide information regarding how to kick a big band, developing coordinated independence, and application of certain rudiments such as Paradiddles (Parastroking), and combining single strokes and double strokes to facilitate movement around the kit, and controlling dynamics and playing at different tempos.