Born: June 18, 1951 Primary Instrument: Reeds
“Music embraces the whole spectrum of human emotions. We represent the music of certain states, of captured and organized chance incidents, of interplay of forms and structures; music without limits”.
Yaremchuk Yuriy Grigorevich was born in 1951 in Novokuznetsk (Russia). Today he resides in Lviv, Ukraine. In 1978 he completed the Saxophone Class at Jazz Performance Department at Rostov Institute of Art. He performed in Kim Nazaretov’s big band as an instrumentalist. Yaremchuk is both a composer and an instrumentalist; he plays tenor-sax, soprano-sax, clarinet, percussion, piano; he is a master of voice performance as well. He is working in different genres (free jazz, contemporary music, improvised music), contemporary technique of sax play (multiphone, slap, double staccato). He can be recognized by his bright sound and brisk technique; in his solo concerts he prefers free improvisation with the use of contemporary playing technique. His music has sufficient rhythm and melody; it is full of humor and philosophy. Yuriy Yaremchuk wrote music for theater, participated in numerous avant-garde performances with artists, actors and modern dancers....
- AN ITALIAN LOVE AFFAIR MOSKOW COMPOSERS ORCHESTRA / Lео Records UK/Laboratory, London1996.
- REMINISCENSE / Yuriy Yaremtchuk; Рentagramma, Moscow 1998
- CONTRASTS / Yuriy Yaremtchuk; Рentagramma, Moscow 1998
- CORPUS DELICTI / Post-erotic Art Photography. Music by Yuriy Yaremtchuk solo; Kiev 1998
- CLOSED MOUNTAINS / Yuriy Yaremtchuk — Christophe Rocher; Landy Star — Jazzland LS-012-2000 J07, Moscow 2000
- DUETS YAREMTCHUK / Yuriy Yaremtchuk; Landy Star - Jazzland LS-021-01J12, Moscow 2001
- HOMO LUDENS / Music by Yuriy Yaremtchuk and Natalka Polovinka; Long arms records Moscow.
- CONTAMINATED SOUND / Oleksandr Nesterov, Ensemble Authentic Singing -Drevo, Yurij Yaremtchuk, Serhiy Khmeliov; Symphokafe, Kiev 2001
- MIRROR / A. Nesterov & Y. Yaremtchuk; Recorded 1990; Symphokafe, Kiev 2001
- JURASSIC PERIOD / Second Approach & Yuriy Yaremtchuk; Dialog Music DM-80016 J24, Moscow 2002
- SAX-MAFIA / Recorded Culture Center DOM; HOR Records hcd-078, Moscow 2003
- DANCES / Y. Yaremtchuk, S. Zelenskiy & 3YAR; 3YAR Records, Lviv 2003
- IMPROVISATIONS / Y. Yaremtchuk, S. Zelenskiy & 3YAR; 3YAR Records, Lviv 2003
- FIGURES / Y. Yaremtchuk & S. Zelenskiy; Recorded in Lviv 2002 Hram SV; Long Arms, Moscow 2004
- SEVEN DREAMS / Yuriy Yaremtchuk & 3YAR; 3YAR Records, Lviv 2004
- NINE MEDITATIONS / Yuriy Yaremtchuk; 3YAR Records, Lviv 2004
- SOLO WORKS Ten Compositions / Yuriy Yaremtchuk; 3YAR Records, Lviv 2004
- PREPARED PIANO AND SOPRANO SAXOPHONE / A. Nesterov & Y. Yaremtchuk; Dzz Studio, Kiev 1994 (Remastering 3YAR Records, Lviv 2004)
- ETUDES 1994-2004 / Yuriy Yaremtchuk; 3YAR Records, Lviv 2004
- LABYRINTH OF STRUKTURES / Y. Yaremtchuk, M.Tokar & S. Zelenskij; 3YAR Records, Lviv 2004
- LABYRINTH OF STRUKTURES II / Y. Yaremtchuk, M.Tokar & S. Zelenskij; 3YAR Records, Lviv 2004
- MUSICAL POEMS / Yuriy Yaremtchuk; 3YAR Records, Lviv 2004
- SUITE / Y. Yaremtchuk & M. Tokar; 3YAR Records, Lviv 2004
- AFTER DUET / Y. Yaremchuk & S. Zelenskiy; 3YAR Records, Lviv 2005
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY / Y. Yaremchuk & M. Tokar; 3YAR Records, Lviv 2005
- EUROPEJSKI FESTIWAL WSPOLCZESNEJ MUZYKI IMPROWIZOWANEJ / Y. Yaremchuk; Radio Gdansk, Gdansk 2005
- INSPIRATIONS / Y. Yaremchuk & M. Tokar; 3YAR Records, Lviv 2006
- NOT ZERO / Y. Yaremchuk & A. Arnautov; 3YAR Records, Kiev 2007
- DEDIKATION TO ALEKSANDR NESTEROV 3yar studio 03.11.2007 Lviv
- YATOKU Yuriy Yaremchuk, Mark Tokar, Klaus Kugel, NOT – TWO recordsmw782-2 2007. Poland Krakow
- FIVE SPOT POLTVA Roberta Piket, Klaus Kugel, Pyatras Vishnauskas, Yuriy Yaremchuk,Mark Tokar. Solid Records Moskow Russia. 2008
- REZONANS Ken Vandermark projekt NOT-TWO records Poland Krakow. 2008.
- ANATOMY OF SOUND – Y.Yaremchuk A.Lapin Solid Records Russia Moskow 2010.
Disclaimer: All About Jazz is not responsible for the accuracy of the discographical data at the website(s) provided. If a link is no longer valid, please contact email@example.com. Thank you.