The abbreviation NTS means the common project of three musicians with different genre background: composer of contemporary art-music and keyboard player Michal Nejtek, jazz double-bass player Petr Tichý and the rock drummer Štěpán Smetáček.
...How to combine classical music, jazz and punk and not to produce a cripple? The trio Nejtek-Tichý-Smetáček has found the only true sollution � improvisation.. Their début Libido Trip is bringing a fresh material spraying around first and foremost originality.
...The NTS trio and their début are teaching at the University of improvisation, branch Music, subject Fusion of seemingly incompatible genre principals. It�'s no flash studium but a full 70 minutes of proving how music can be original. The recording is pretty much evoking sexu; not in vain is the title of the NTS�'s album Libido Trip.
09.02.2010 05:00, Lukáš Benda
...A cheerful encounter of three jazzmen from some outer space. These three but love jazz and its free offsets. They all enjoy games with ambient areas and all possible electronic waves and sounds. By and large � music from Mars...
- Musicserver.cz, Richard Kutěj, 11. 01. 2010
...Angry young continue the teaching of old masters of jazz and underground. Their 13 minutes long Home Of Libido is fairly hypnotic, with and atmosphere embalmed with kosmo-universe, quite like the recordings of sermons by Astar Seran.Unlike them � not boring.
Na prvn�- poslech
...Stage or film music from passages having been cut out from the final version of the film, in the end.
- Miloš Keller
...NTS can raise, thanks to their musical abilities, a fairly thorough-bred breed ...fit for an international fair.
...Non prejudice in their sound
- 04.02.2010 / Josef Rauvolf
…Since long, I didn�'t happen to put on an avant-garde jazz CD whose magnetic power would force me to listen to all the compositions � till the very last one.
- Josef Musil Elnorsen
- Vladim�-r Vlasák: NTS offer compositions where rock complements the jazz imagination and with pregnancy of classical music. Emerson, Lake and Palmer of our days!
- Michal Jupp Konečný: Excellent musicianship � above all piano. In contrary of most jazz squads who do play in small clubs more or less for themselves, this music can be well presented at a big international festival.
- Milan Tesař: The NTS trio is mainly interesting for the experience from different music milieus, which each of the protagonists brings into the project.
Folk&Country April 2010
This information is provided by discogs.com or the profile administrator.