Known for his hard-charging and soulful post-bop style, saxophonist Paul Carr upholds the important tradition of the Texas tenor. Growing up, he studied and played with local heroes including saxophonist Don Wilkerson, the fabled educator Conrad Johnson, and the legendary Arnett Cobb. He studied two years on a full scholarship at Texas Southern University and completed his degree in music performance at Howard University in Washington, DC.
Since then, Carr has been based in the DC area performing on the local scene at venues including Blues Alley, Twins Jazz, Takoma Station, and the now-defunct (but once vibrant) One Step Down. Carr has been a repeat performer at The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, the Smithsonian Jazz Café, and the Corcoran Gallery of Art’s jazz series....
Straight Ahead SoulPCJE
Musically Yours: Remembering Joe HendersonPCJE
Just Noodlin'Jazz Karma
This information is provided by discogs.com or the profile administrator.
- Straight Ahead Soul by C. Michael Bailey
- Musically Yours by Michael P. Gladstone
- Musically Yours: Remembering Joe Henderson by C. Michael Bailey
- Musically Yours by Edward Blanco
- Just Noodlin' by Michael P. Gladstone
- Just Noodlin' by Jack Bowers