Born: March 6, 1941
Born Remscheid, Germany on 6 March 1941; soprano, alto, tenor, baritone and bass saxophones, a-clarinet, e-flat clarinet; bass clarinet, tarogato. Peter Brötzmann's early interest was in painting and he attended the art academy in Wuppertal. Being very dissatisfied with the gallery/exhibition situation in art he found greater satisfaction playing with semi-professional musicians, though continued to paint (as well as retaining a level of control over his own records, particularly in record sleeve/CD booklet design). In late 2005 he had a major retrospective exhibition jointly with Han Bennink - two separate buildings separated by an inter-connecting glass corridor - in Brötzmann's home town of Remscheid....
- WHATTHEFUCKDOYOUWANT by Enrico Bettinello
- WHATTHEFUCKDOYOUWANT by Sammy Stein
- Mental Shake by John Sharpe
- WHATTHEFUCKDOYOUWANT by Mark Corroto
- I Am Here Where Are You by Mark Corroto