Born: January 18, 1967
Peter Epstein began his career in 1984 in Portland, Oregon where he apprenticed with resident musicians Nancy King and Glen Moore. In 1992, after four years of studying jazz and various world music genres at California Institute of the Arts, Peter earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree and relocated to New York City.
Since then he has appeared on over 30 recordings and toured in more than 20 countries with artists including Bobby Previte, Brad Shepik, Ralph Alessi, Michael Cain, Medeski, Martin, & Wood, Mike Stern, Jim Black, Ravi Coltrane, and many others. As a leader, Peter has released four albums for MA Recordings....
- Polarities by Dan Bilawsky
- Abstract Realism by John Barron
- Lingua Franca by Abe Pollack
- Lingua Franca by John Dworkin
- The Invisible by Mark Corroto
- Almas/Solus by Mark Corroto