Born: March 1, 1940
Musical innovation is no easy feat. It not only requires an innate talent, but also a devotion to the art that is not blinded by the commercial glare of the popular culture. Ralph Towner is such an innovator on the modern musical landscape, his ideas ever fresh, though they span a career of more than thirty years.
Best known as the lead composer, guitarist, and keyboardist for the acoustic jazz ensemble Oregon, Towner has also had a rich and varied solo career that has seen fruitful and memorable musical collaboration with such great modern musicians as Gary Burton, John Abercrombie, Egberto Gismonti, Larry Coryell, Keith Jarrett, Jan Garbarek, and Gary Peacock....
- Five Years Later by John Kelman
- Travel Guide by John Kelman
- Chiaroscuro by Martin Gladu
- Chiaroscuro by John Kelman
- Chiaroscuro by Thomas Conrad
- Chiaroscuro by David McLean