Smooth Jazz pioneers The Rippingtons will release their latest album, Modern Art, on March 10th via Peak Records (Concord Music Group).
With a legacy firmly rooted in smooth Jazz, The Rippingtons’ 18th release features an explosive lineup lead by founder Russ Freeman alongside Dave Karasony, Bill Heller, as well as new bassist Rico Belled and special guest, returning saxophonist Jeff Kashiwa.
Modern Art breaks new stylistic ground, incorporating exotic world music elements on the sensuously romantic, acoustic guitar driven “Paris Groove” and adds an Eastern authenticity to the hypnotic “Black Book” with an electric sitar. With the sizzling interaction between Freeman’s slow burning electric guitar and Kashiwa’s wild sax improvisations, the easy grooving “One Step Closer” and bluesy “Body Art” will remind longtime fans of the band’s glory days of the 90s, but with a souped up twist!...
- Fountain of Youth by Jeff Winbush
- Built to Last by Ernest Barteldes
- Cote D' Azur by Jeff Winbush
- Modern Art by Woodrow Wilkins
- 20th Anniversary by Woodrow Wilkins
- Wild Card by Woodrow Wilkins
- Wild Card by Mark Sabbatini