Is a sound/vision abstractivist, cornetist, improviser, composer and multi-media artist with a unique style drawing from many facets of contemporary and non-contemporary sound and vision.
A prime mover in the vibrant Chicago sound scene, he is the leader/organizer of the Chicago Underground collective, Mandarin Movie and Exploding Star Orchestra.
His discography includes recordings on Thrill Jockey, Delmark, Aesthetics, Mego, Family Vineyard, Bottrop-Boy (EN/OF) as well as other labels.
He has received numerous reviews/features in publications such as: The Wire - Adventures In Modern Music, Rolling Stone, New York Times, Chicago Tribune, Chicago Sun-Times, BOMB and others....
- Spiral Mercury by Troy Collins
- Matter Anti-Matter by John Sharpe
- Pharoah & The Underground by Glenn Astarita
- Spiral Mercury by Karl Ackermann
- The Space Between by Hrayr Attarian
- The Space Between by Mark Corroto