Born: February 12, 1960
Since 1982, trumpeter Ron Horton has been an integral part of New York's flourishing jazz scene and he stands out both as an exemplary instrumentalist and as a highly progressive composer and arranger. Whether called upon as a sideman or as a leader of one of his own ensembles, he shows that he is committed to further expanding the existing perimeters of jazz. Horton has had many long musical associations with leaders such as saxophonist Jane Ira Bloom (1983-2000) and pianist Andrew Hill. He was a member of Hill's sextet from 1998 until 2003, and appears on the group's critically acclaimed CD, Dusk (Palmetto 2000). He was also musical director and co-arranger for Hill's big band, and is featured on the CD, A Beautiful Day (Palmetto 2002).
- It's A Gadget World... by Sean Patrick Fitzell
- Everything In A Dream by Troy Collins
- Subtextures by Peter Aaron
- Subtextures by Sean Patrick Fitzell
- Subtextures by Dan McClenaghan
- Genius Envy by Glenn Astarita