Born: September 20, 1956
Steve began playing music just days before his 14th birthday as a freshman at South Shore High School on the south side of Chicago. His first instrument was violin but later that year he switched to the alto saxophone. For three years Steve studied the basics of music and saxophone technique, then he decided that he wanted to learn how to improvise. Looking for the best improvising musicians to listen to is what brought Steve to the music of Charlie Parker, although it helped that his father listened to Parker all the time. After spending two years at Illinois Wesleyan University Steve transferred to Roosevelt University (Chicago Music College) in downtown Chicago in order to concentrate on Chicago's musical nightlife....
- Functional Arrhythmias by Mark F. Turner
- The Mancy of Sound by Ian Patterson
- The Mancy of Sound by Mark F. Turner
- Harvesting Semblances and Affinities by Glenn Astarita
- Harvesting Semblances and Affinities by Troy Collins