Born: May 22
Vibraphonist/Composer Ted Piltzecker has performed at jazz and percussion festivals and in clubs throughout the United States and around the globe (Germany, Austria, England, Brazil, The Netherlands, Argentina, Sweden, Mexico, Canada, Puerto Rico, Japan, and Finland). His albums have been critically acclaimed and influential in both the percussion and jazz worlds. He toured extensively George Shearing Quintet, and directed the jazz program at the Aspen Music Festival where he regularly performed with many of the great names in jazz (Jimmy Heath, Joe Williams, Clark Terry, Mel Torme, Ernie Watts, Hubert Laws, Slide Hampton, Bob Mintzer, Toshiko Akiyoshi, and many more)...
Awards• National Endowment for the Arts, performance fellowship
• National Endowment for the Arts, composition fellowship
• New Jersey State Council on the Arts, fellowship
• New York State Arts Council, composition fellowship
• International Association of Jazz Educators, resource team, mallet instruments
• Lincoln Center Institute composer-in-residence
• National Endowment for the Arts, fellowship to premiere new work
• American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers, composer's awards
• MacDowell Colony and Millay Colony residencies
• Commissioned composer
• State University of New York Faculty Development Award
Steppe ForwardCorner Mushroom
This information is provided by discogs.com or the profile administrator.