T.K. Blue, also known as Talib Kibwe, was born in New York City of a Trinidadian mother and Jamaican father. T.K. began playing music at the age of 8 years old on trumpet. After two years his interest shifted to academic and athletic endeavors... He returned to his musical studies in High School while playing the flute.
He took lessons from Billy Mitchell, the legendary tenor saxophonist with Count Basie and Dizzy Gillespie, eventually pursuing music as a career after receiving a full academic scholarship to New York University, where he began playing soprano & alto saxophone. He earned a bachelor's degree in both music and psychology. T.K. Blue went on to earn a master's degree in music education from Teacher's College at Columbia University....
- A Warm Embrace by Hrayr Attarian
- A Warm Embrace by Dan Bilawsky
- Latin Bird by Chris M. Slawecki
- Latin Bird by C. Michael Bailey
- Latin Bird by Dan Bilawsky
- Latin Bird by Greg Simmons
- Eyes of the Elders by James Nichols
Clinic/Workshop Information1. TRADITIONAL AFRICAN INSTRUMENTS WITH FOCUS ON THE AFRICAN PIANO CALLED “THE KALIMBA” - solo
2. THE DIFFERENT STYLES OF JAZZ - for group
3. JAZZ IMPROVISATION - solo or group
4. THE ROLE OF EACH INSTRUMENT IN A JAZZ BAND WITH VOCALIST - for group
5. BLUES WORKSHOP - instrumental
6. BLUES WORKSHOP - vocal
7. WORKSHOPS ON JAZZ PERFORMANCE IN BIG BAND AND SMALL ENSEMBLE