Tomas Fujiwara was born and raised in Boston, Massachusetts. At the age of seven, he fell in love with music while listening to the classic drum battle record, Rich vs. Roach. After two years of studies with Joyce Kauffman, Tomas began an eight-year course of study with legendary drummer and educator, Alan Dawson.
He has worked as a leader of and composer for various ensembles, as a sideman, as a composer for theatre, film, and dance, and as a teacher and clinician. With a quiet energy that propels (All About Jazz) and a style that is both volatile and watchful (New York Times), Tomas' alert drumming has propelled some excellent ensembles on the new-music landscape (New York Times)....
- After All is Said by Troy Collins
- After All Is Said by Glenn Astarita
- The Air is Different by John Sharpe
- The Air Is Different by Robert Bush
- The Air is Different by Troy Collins