Born: May 14, 1959
Saxophonist-composer-arranger Virginia Mayhew has been an active participant in the New York jazz scene since 1987. A native of San Francisco, Virginia came to New York to enroll in the New School's Jazz Performance program, and was awarded its Zoot Sims Memorial Scholarship.
In the course of her career, Virginia has worked with such renowned artists as Earl Fatha Hines, Cab Calloway, Frank Zappa, James Brown, Norman Simmons, Al Grey, Junior Mance, Toshiko Akiyoshi, Doc Cheatam, Joe Williams, Leon Parker, Clark Terry, Terry Gibbs, Kenny Barron, Chico O'Farrill, Dena DeRose, Ingrid Jensen, Claudio Roditi, and many others....
- Mary Lou Williams: The Next 100 Years by Edward Blanco
- Mary Lou Williams: The Next 100 Years by Dan McClenaghan
- A Simple Thank You by Ken Dryden
- A Simple Thank You by Michael P. Gladstone
- A Simple Thank You by Jerry D'Souza
- A Simple Thank You by Dan McClenaghan
- Sandan Shuffle by Terrell Kent Holmes