In 2018, Bobby Ramirez celebrated 40 years as a performing artist and community service. Virtuoso Cuban musician, flutist, saxophonist, composer, arranger, vocalist and educator, Maestro Bobby Ramirez was born in Camajuani, Santa Clara, Cuba. His father was a black mulato of African heritage and mother a descendant of Spanish European heritage. For more than four decades, his style has been distinctive and unique, forming a perfect harmony between the rhythms of his Cuban Creole heritage, Jazz, and classical music.
Maestro Bobby Ramirez is a unique and charismatic artist that performs Cuban music (Danzón, Contradanzas, traditional Cuban dance music, and Afro-Cuban Jazz), and Jazz (swing, bebop, free jazz). Ramirez's repertoire includes original Cuban inspired works for small Cuban charanga-style ensemble, as well as full string and Big Band orchestra formats.
Ramirez's brand of Afro-Cuban Jazz is quite appealing and his flute playing is quite fluid and creative within the genre. Scott Yanow, Cadence magazine
If this stirring little hurricane of an album is any indication, Ramirez may one day inherit Dave Valentin's throne as top Latin flute player. Jonathan Widran, AMG
Ramirez exhibits the strength found in some of the already established Latin Jazz musicians. Egidio Leitao, JazzTimes Magazine
Bobby's alternating tenor sax and flute helm as fine a degree of hybrid steering as ever you're able to find. Ben Ohmart, LAritmo.com
What an incredible performance by Bobby Ramirez tonight at Arts Garage! Thank you for an exceptional and very memorable night. Alyona Aleksandra Ushe, Executive Director, The Arts Garage in Delray Beach
Bobby Ramirez is one of the best flutists and saxophonists from Cuba
Willing to teach
Beginner to advanced
40 years performance experience performing on the flute and saxophone, classical and Jazz
The following topics can be presented as part of a special event at a school, community center, conservatory, church, or music festival. Bobby also specializes in inspiring young people with music.
One-on-one instruction, Jazz workshop and seminars, mentoring and tutoring, also, leading small Jazz ensemble, big band or string orchestra, couching about the business of music, rehearsal can be scheduled as part of an event.
• Exploring free Jazz
• Jazz improvisation 101
• Jazz improvisation essentials
• Developing scat-singing improvisation
• Becoming a complete Jazz musician
• Celebrating Charlie Parker
• Celebrating John Coltrane
• The Evolution of Latin Jazz
• Developing a stylistic approach to Latin Jazz
• Exploring the Jazz Blues
• Working with a Jazz Rhythm Section
• Essential listening for the Jazz musician
• Developing good practicing rituals
• Essential business of music
• Developing a Jazz repertoire
• Essential marketing techniques for the Jazz musician
• Finding your unique Jazz "voice"
• Jazz inspiration for young people
• Exploring the Big Band era
• Early Jazz development
• Exploring the Brazilian Jazz Repertoire