Dan Musselman is a jazz pianist who leaves a lasting impression with listeners. With his technical ability and sensitive musicianship, Dan gives an emotional, high-intensity performance that showcases his eclectic style.
Born May 27th, 1986, Dan started playing piano at the age of 5. He has studied with jazz legends Craig Taborn (pianist for Chris Potter) and Kenny Werner (author of Effortless Mastery) and has been a featured artist in Jazziz Magazine.
Dan graduated from McNally Smith College of Music with his bachelors degree in Piano Performance in April 2008. He graduated summa cum laude, was salutatorian and was the sole recipient of the “Outstanding Student Award.”
“Dan Mussleman is truly one of those gifted and talented musical artists, whose depth and range far surpasses his age. The music he creates does not trickle out from him but is a rushing stream of original notes that finds its way to the surface, implants in the listeners brain.”
- Craig Rice, Emmy Award winner and former manager of Prince, Bobby Brown and Whitney
“Dan is an incredible force with seemingly limitless talent.”
- Bobby Stanton, Twin Cities guitarist, studio musician, and published writer for Guitar Player Magazine.
“Dan Musselman is a great talent who plays with such compelling intensity that it is sure to bring him wider recognition”.
- Pete Whitman, McNally Smith College Brass and Woodwinds Department Head.
Check out Dan Musselman - his keyboard is on fire!
- Dave Jensen, member of Hornheads, formally with Prince and the New Power Generation.
Dan has what it takes to join the best musicians of the Twin Cities and beyond!
- Judi Donaghy, Twin Cities vocalist and member of Bobby McFerrin's Voicestra.”
Dan is one of those rare players who is both musically serious and seriously musical!
-Chris Olson, Twin Cities Guitarist and member of Framework.
“If I had to describe Dan Musselman with a single word, I would have to make one up: Improvocateurissimo!”
- Scott Jarrett, Recording artist, sound engineer, and studio musician.
Willing to teach
Advanced students only.